THESE. ARE. HEAVENLY!!...
This recipe is straight from the Fixate cookbook, it's a winner. Seriously, don't make these when you are home alone or when you'll be left with them in your house for days at a time. These were so hard for me to resist. Just because something is made with "healthy" ingredients or is "clean" doesn't mean you can't eat the whole pan. It's all about portion control. If you ate half of these in one day it'd be equivalent to eating 3/4 jar of peanut butter, which probably isn't conducive to your health goals... I know, life's not fair.
1 1/2 cups all natural smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup raw honey or pure maple syrup (I did half and half because I ran out of honey)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs (at room temperature)
1/2 tsp baking soda, gluten free
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Lightly coat 8×8-inch baking pan with spray. Set aside
3. Combine peanut butter, honey, extract, eggs, and baking soda in a large bowl; mix well
4. Evenly spread batter into prepared pan. Smooth top with a spatula.
5. Sprinkle with chocolate chips - I made this part up. smile emoticon
6. Bake 20 to 23 minutes. Squares may be a little soft when coming out of the oven, but they will continue to cook.
6. Cool. Cut into squares. I keep mine in the refrigerator because I think they taste best that way!
Makes 16 servings. Each serving is 1 yellow and 2.5 teaspoons.
If you are interested in the Fixate cookbook, check it out here. It's seriously one of my new favorite things. I love being able to hold a cookbook in my hands as opposed to using a mobile device. It's a nice feeling!