And on the weekends I eat pancakes… or waffles as today would have it.
After going round and round with Ben about what kind of pancakes or waffles we wanted, we finally settled on whole wheat waffles. I lost the battle for pumpkin pancakes, whhhhaaa whhaaaa… BUT Ben got a little crafty in the kitchen and I have to say that the outcome was delicious! Ben used coconut oil in the batter, which surprisingly added a lot to the flavor. And since we used whole wheat, these waffles pack a nutritional punch.
Yield: 4 large waffles - I recommend cutting this recipe in half if you are cooking for two, unless you are REALLY HANGRY…
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• 1/2 tbsp stevia
• 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
• 4 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 2 eggs
• 1¾ cup almond milk
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined
2. Add wet ingredients and whisk until smooth
3. Spray waffle iron with cooking spray & pour batter onto hot iron
4. Follow directions and cooking time for your waffle iron - I like them crispy!
5. Serve with syrup or other toppings of your choice – I always top with a little bit of peanut butter and maple syrup! Perfection!