Ummm, yum, yum!!! I can't take any credit for this recipe, it's straight from the new Extreme program! Benji made it for us last nigaht and it was (already gone!) SOOO GOOOD!
Butternut Squash and Beef Stew
1 tsp. olive oil
1 1/2 lbs raw lean beef stew meat, boneless, cut into 2-inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 cup low-sodium organic beef broth
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
2 cups cubed butternut squash (my new fav!)
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat
2. Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes or until beef is brown
3. Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is translucent
4. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute
5. Add tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil.
6. Add squash; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 12 minutes, or until sauce thickened and beef is fork-tender
7. Remove bay leaf; serve topped with parsley
8. Try not to eat entire pot in one sitting. GOOD LUCK!