This is a Ruth Shrauner original! WHAT?! But if you don’t like it, I’m going to pretend like I didn’t make it up… I thought it was pretty tasty though!
Cheesy Mushroom Mountains
Yield: 2 servings
2 large portabella mushrooms caps OR green peppers (I did mushrooms but I think GP would be better)
1 large chicken breast
⅓ cup mozzarella cheese
⅓ cup cheddar cheese
¼-⅓ cup of greek yogurt
¼-½ cup of diced onions
¼-½ cup of diced yellow peppers
1 jalapeno, diced
1or 2 tbsp of Southwest Seasoning (season to taste)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Place chicken on George Foreman grill (I used a panini press) - sprinkle with a half teaspoon of the Southwest Seasoning
2. Mix greek yogurt and remaining southwest seasoning together (add the seasoning to taste!)
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine greek yogurt/ seasoning, onions, peppers, jalapenos, mozzarella and cheddar cheese
4. Remove chicken from grill
5. Place portobello mushrooms on grill (may need to wipe it clean so you don’t cross contaminate… but I didn’t and I’m still alive)
6. While portabellas are heating, dice chicken into small pieces
5. Mix chicken into veggie/ yogurt mixture.
7. Remove portabellas from the grill, place in baking pan
8. Scoop chicken/ veggie mixture onto portabella mushroom caps, sprinkle tops with additional cheese
9. Bake for 15 minutes
ENJOY!! The chicken/ veggie mixture is really good by itself. You could also use it in sandwiches or to make quesadillas.
APPROXIMATE containers for 1 mushroom: