Truth be told, I don’t like to cook. I’m too busy in the evenings and cooking takes up way too much time. If I could drink Shakeology for dinner every night (I already drink it for breakfast), I would… but that might be pushing it a bit. Therefore, I typically try to take recipes and make them in a crockpot if I can. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.
For this recipe I simply cooked the chicken all day in the crockpot so it was ready to shred when I got home. The next time I make it I plan to put all the ingredients in the crockpot to save even more time. I’ll let you know how it turns out. This method turned out delicious though!
Here’s the recipe:
Cashew Chicken Ingredients:
2 chicken breast, thaw
3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp Braggs Amino Acid (natural soy sauce alternative)
½ cup onions, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
“To taste” seasonings:
Stir Fry Sauce Ingredients:
¼ cup Braggs Amino Acid (natural soy sauce alternative)
2 tsp rice vinegar
2 tsp brown sugar
½ tsp red pepper (or less if you don’t like spice)
½ tsp ground ginger
2 tsp sesame oil
Wrap and garnish:
8 leaves iceberg lettuce or green lettuce
¾ cup cashews
1) Cook the chicken breast in a crock pot on low for 4-8 hours. Shred after it is thoroughly cooked. *I put a little bit of water in with my chicken to make sure that it stays moist.
2) Mix all sauce ingredients together in mixing bowl. Set aside.
3) In a large fry pan heat the evoo and 1 tsp Braggs. Add the onions and garlic, saute until brown.
4) Add the shredded chicken breast to the onion/ garlic saute.
5) Add the stir fry sauce to the chicken/ onion/ garlic mixture. Mix all ingredients until well combined. Add onion powder and garlic powder to taste.
6) Remove all from heat.
7) Spoon into lettuce leaves and garnish with cashews.
8) Shove in your mouth. Chew. Swallow.