“Words bring our thoughts and beliefs to life and help anchor them into our “realities” through repetition.” – Jen Sincero
I’ve been putting more time into changing my mindset this month. It’s the primary focus of my online fitness group because it’s the basis for a true and lasting transformation. Change your words, change your mindset, change your life. You may or may not believe me on this whole “self talk” subject, but I mean, I have radically transformed every part of my life over the past three years. Have you? If not, I’m just saying, take it from someone who has… While I may not be an certified expert, I feel like I have a few tips on how to better your life.
If you haven’t transformed your life and you want to, then it doesn’t hurt to give this is whole “positive self talk” thing a shot. It cost nothing and takes very little time. If it doesn’t work for you, you’ve lost nothing.
Here’s what to do…
1) Decide what you truly want in life, get very clear on what you want your life to look and feel like. Don’t be scared to dream big.
2) Write down how you want to feel, look, and be on paper. This could be as simple as “I love my sexy body and am thankful for the energy I have to keep up with my kids.” Even if you don’t love your body yet or even if you don’t have energy yet, it’s important to write the statement in present tense. Make these statements as elaborate or simple as you desire. Just remember that you only get what you ask for in life, so I say “go big or go home.” 😉
3) Tape it to your mirror or put it on the backdrop of your phone and read it to yourself every morning. When you read it, force yourself to believe that it’s true and you are bringing it to life in your daily actions. YES, it will feel weird.
4) When negative thoughts creep in telling you that you can’t accomplish your affirmations, PUSH THEM OUT and replace them with positive sayings. This will take conscious effort.
5) Let the positive energy flow and get excited about your future. It’s going to be awesome.
Yeah, I know, you think I’m nuts. And, yes, I know, I know… it sounds so hokey and I thought it was all a bunch of BS too, but then I did it and my entire world changed. This shiz works, people. I dare you to commit to this for the next year, just try to prove me wrong. 😉
#transformationthursday #changeyourmindsetchangeyourlife #getgingerfit#fitness #fitfam