THESE ARE DELICIOUS!! And, definitely a healthier option! Don't get that confused with "I can eat the whole pan" though... :)
Flourless Chickpea Brownies
- 1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans. Rinsed and drained.
- 1/4 cup of butter (or extra virgin coconut oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Place chickpeas, butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a food processor; cover. Blend until smooth.
4. Add chocolate chips; mix by hand until blended.
5. Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of brownies comes out clean.
7. Cut into squares.
Equals one yellow for all of my portions peeps out there! :)